Floral Fun

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

I've recently become obsessed with this floral blouse this season. The exposed shoulder look is pretty trendy right now, and I have to say that I am definitely here for it! I've always had naturally broad and muscular shoulders my whole life, which I sometimes can even be self-conscious about. So, I love that this look shows them off while also allowing them to appear a little softer. The base color is black, and the pretty floral pattern has hints of cream and light blue. It's so comfy, and was originally found at Marshalls (my go-to) for $15. A similar top can be found here for $25.

 These colorful pants have lasted me a couple of years now. I've been in love with them ever since I first tried them on. Not only do I love the color, but I also really like how they fit. Unfortunately, mama did not bless me with much junk in the trunk. However, these pants are able to accentuate the curves I do have without making them appear flat. One downside to these pants is that they're kind of a weird length. Without rolling them up a little bit, it just looks like they're too short, which is a little odd considering I'm only 5'2. So, usually I just turn them into a cute pair of capris unless I decide to throw them on with boots for a look later in the season. I bought these pants on sale from Express for $25. You can find a pair like these here on clearance for $25 too (originally $50).

Hope everyone's summer is going well! Lately, I've just been doing research at my university and working. Next week, I'll start volunteering at a hospital as well. I want my medical school applications to eventually show that summer of 2017 was pretty productive. The other day, I finally got to take my first swim of the summer, which was everything I hoped it would be.You'll probably be able to find a picture of the outfit I wore with a few details about the look soon on my Instagram. I keep trying to convince myself to go to the gym more often, but I usually end up only going about once a week. Once I get there, I'm fine. However, just getting there is the difficult part. In fact, tonight I ditched my original plans of going to workout in order to make a stop at the McDonald's drive-through! Whatever...I'll make up the extra squats later.


-TayJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave questions and feedback below!